- This event has passed.
Basic Interdisciplinary Collaborative Practice Training
09/15 @ 9:00 am - 09/16 @ 4:30 pm
Collaborative Practice (the newer approach to family law) differs from litigation, pre-trial settlement, and even divorce mediation. It involves a Collaborative team approach in which three types of professionals join forces—without reliance on threats, demands, or the court—to support a couple through the divorce process and toward a new post-divorce relationship and way of life. Attorneys, mental health professionals, and financial professionals—attend and learn the important, yet subtle ways in which each of your roles in a Collaborative divorce differs from the more traditional roles. Join us in learning about this dynamic, empowering, and effective model of practice.
Trainers – Experienced and knowledgeable CLII Fellows will serve as trainers for and all have been thoroughly trained to instruct in Collaborative Practice and all have extensive professional experience in Collaborative specific to Illinois:
- Anna Bush, JD, Bush & Heise Attorneys at Law, Barrington
- Bill Keffer, CFP, CDFA, ChFC, CLU, MBA, Wheaton
- Jeff Kostis, CDFA, CFP, CPA/PFS, Vernon Hills
- Anne Chestney Mudd, JD, Law Office of Anne Chestney Mudd, Western Springs
- Gail Petrich, JD, PsyD, Dr. Gail Petrich, LLC, Chicago
- Kathryn Somers, JD, DiGiacomo & Somers, LLC, Northfield
- Jason Sposeep, JD, Schiller DuCanto & Fleck, LLP, Chicago\
- Sasha Von Varga, LCSW, Collaborators, Inc., Northfield
- Beth Wilner, PhD, Families In Transition, Inc., Skokie
- Margaret Zuleger, JD, Law Offices of Margaret A. Zuleger, Arlington Heights